- Knowing who your customers are, understanding how customers use your products, and being there when customers need help
- Making it easier to do business with you, implementing customer-centric processes, and eliminating frictions and gaps in the customer interactions
- Improving customer satisfaction, retaining more of your customers for long term and maximizing the customer lifetime value of the loyal customer base
- Supporting customers across all channels, devices, and screens, bridging the silos of knowledge, applications, and systems, and connecting all service interactions throughout the customer lifecycle
We look at five ways Connected Customer Experience enables you to build a sustainable competitive advantage and maximize customer lifetime value.
Connect Customers, Channel Partners and Service Organization
Many Brands that sell and service their products through channel partners do not have direct connections with their customer thus missing a huge opportunity to build brand loyalty and engage the customers in generating incremental revenues.
Today’s empowered customers expect easy access to support, service, and answers across different channels available from anywhere and at any time. A Customer Portal can provide access to self-service, assistance from contact centers or channel partners, and an online store to buy related products or services. Brands can establish Customer Portal as a trusted source for customers to come back for answers and solutions.
Channel Partners such as distributors, dealers, and service providers play a critical role in delivering and fulfilling the services that customers need. A Portal and an app for Channel partners can help deliver consistent service to the customers. You can enable Service Managers, Service Advisors, and Service Technicians to deliver better service to the customers.
Connect Customer interactions throughout the lifecycle
Customer Service is not a single step or a transaction but is a customer journey during which customer may use multiple channels, interact with different people, and perform many steps to achieve their goal.
Let us take a look at a series of the transactions that take place when a customer wants to get a product repaired:
- Customer Requests for Support via email, phone, online, or a mobile app
- Contact center dispatches to Field Service Technician
- Technician may review remote diagnostic data from IoT and access product configuration and service history (Product 360)
- Technician accesses Knowledge to diagnose issue and identify right service procedure
- Tech will identify right parts from Parts Catalog and Order Parts if not in stock
- When Service Order is completed, a Warranty claim may be generated
- Warranty Department reviews and pays for claim
- A Supplier Recovery claim is generated for Supplier components
- A Customer will receive a survey to provide feedback (VOC) on service experience
- Support, Service, Warranty, and VOC data is anlyzed to gain insights and improve products and services
If these interactions are disconnected, the customer is forced to repeat same steps, re-enter data, or completely start the process over. The customer journey should be a seamless experience without boundaries to minimize friction.
Connect all Customer Service & Support Processes
Different service processes including Product Registration, Warranty, Contact Centers, Technical Services, Service Parts, and Service Operations need to be unified to deliver Connected Customer Experience.
Any disconnects in processes will affect the service fulfillment, cause delays and result in customer dissatisfaction. Customer service and support managers can use integrated service processes as means to reduce costs, improve service efficiencies and generate new service revenues.
Moving from a disconnected, siloed customer experience to a unified customer experience will improve customer satisfaction, brand loyalty, and advocacy. Creating a unified experience allows customers to seamlessly progress along their journeys and businesses to create cross-sell and upsell opportunities.
Connect all Channels of Engagement, Devices, and Products
The majority of digital interactions are now occurring on mobile devices, and billions of products are being connected using IoT, and cloud computing is making the data and services easily accessible from any of these devices.
In the world in which everyone and everything is connected, Enterprises can harness the convergence offered by Mobile, Cloud, and IoT to rethink their customer service processes and create new ways to make money.
Proactive or predictive maintenance, concierge services, subscription models, and industry-specific applications can now be offered to improve product uptime and increase the value to the customers.
Connect the Silos of Data, Applications, and Systems of record
Customer Service data and applications are fragmented into silos by region, product line, channel, and departmental or organizational boundaries. Customers see the disconnects in customer-facing processes as they navigate a maze to get the desirable services. Customers become frustrated and abandon their customer journey, resulting in increased churn.
Businesses face many integration challenges with exponential growth in data, applications, devices (mobile, IoT), channels, and delivery models (cloud, on-premise, hybrid). Services Oriented Architecture (SOA), a model that supports many enterprise integration patterns, and Connectors to various Systems of Record can help unify customer-facing Systems of Engagement.
Businesses can orchestrate an end-to-end service process by bridging the gaps with shared master data, knowledge, workflows, product structures, and service infrastructure.
Connected Customer Experience Platform
Businesses need a unified solution that manages customer experience and engagement during the own stage. A Connected Customer Experience Platform goes beyond a typical CRM Service Cloud that focuses only on support or call center processes.
Mize Connected Customer Experience platform and Smart Blox enable you to enhance all customer service & support interactions.
Request a Demo to learn how you can maximize customer lifetime value with Connected Customer Experience.
Eric Marlan, a Senior Product Manager with Mize, manages the product roadmap for the Mize Connected Customer Experience platform and Smart Blox modules focused on the areas of Registration, Warranty, Parts, Service Plans, Support, Field Service, and Knowledge.