Customer Experience is a critical factor driving customer loyalty and retention. It is important for companies to focus on these Key Performance Indicator (KPIs) because it takes 5 times as much to attract a new customer as it does to keep an existing customer satisfied. Maintaining high levels of customer loyalty and retention can also have a huge financial payoff. Benchmark studies show that just a 5% increase in retention can yield profit increases in the range of 25% to 95%.
Aftermarket Service, more specifically field service, is one area where capital equipment manufacturers can reap huge benefits from CX improvement provided they understand critical factors that drive loyalty and retention. Of course, end-customers typically consider their most recent experience with their service provider when evaluating CX. As such, there is a high probability that there must recent experience was with their provider’s Service Technician.
When evaluating their most recent experience, customers are likely to consider several factors including but not limited to:
- Technician Soft Skills (e.g., technician communication and courteousness)
- Technician Onsite Response Time
- Total Resolution Time
- First Time Fix Rate
Basically, customers expect their technician to arrive in a timely manner, be polite and courteous, communicate effectively, and fix their problem right the first time. Unfortunately, when these conditions are not met the customer becomes dissatisfied. This hurts Service Technician morale which in turn impacts productivity which in turn can damage customer satisfaction and retention. Clearly a vicious cycle.
Let’s face it, Service Technicians are the face of the business and have tremendous impact on Customer Experience (CX). They are the quintessential road warriors and customer heroes. Every day they must solve a complex array of service issues. That’s why it is important to equip them with tools and technology that make them smarter, better, and more effective at performing their day to day tasks.
While training Technicians on soft skills and improving scheduling goes a long way toward boosting customer satisfaction, nothing has a more dramatic impact on CX and technician morale as investments in technology that improve first time fix rate, shorten resolution times, and improve technician productivity. These are performance areas that customers are likely to remember the most and which the technicians feel they are the most accountable toward.
Examples of these investments include:
- Enabling technicians to easily capture and retrieve critical information related to service events (i.e., inspections, repairs, etc.)
- Providing access to knowledge resources so technicians can be more efficient at troubleshooting and resolving issues.
- Utilizing Parts catalog and inventory tracking software to ensure service technicians have the right parts on had to achieve first time fix.
- Supporting technicians to make better diagnostic and repair decisions resulting in faster resolution time
If you like to learn more, join our live webinar on March 27th where field service experts from Mize will demonstrate the field service applications that companies can utilize to improve technician productivity, first-time fix rates, and customer satisfaction. Through case studies, demos, and best practices, we will examine how advanced capabilities in the areas of Knowledge, Spare Parts, Service Contracts, and Inspections can enable a better customer experience.
Webinar Topic: Enabling Service Technicians to Deliver Better Customer Experience.
Date & Time: March 27, 2019 at 1 PM EST/12 PM CST
Presenters: Michael R. Blumberg, CMO, Mize
Andrew Thomas, Product Manager, CX and FSM, Mize
During this Webinar, you will learn about:
- Field Service apps that improve technician productivity, first time fix, and customer satisfaction
- Utilizing Remote Assistance to help technicians
- Using direct connection to measurement or diagnostic devices to capture better data
- Case studies from Global Equipment Manufacturers
- Impact of FSM apps on service performance metrics
Our company blog authors are among the best in the industry. By using our product and customer experts as sources we are able to share the latest trends and tips.